Effective Diabetic Retinopathy Treatment
Are you dealing with diabetic retinopathy in Daly City, San Francisco, or Burlingame? Peninsula Ophthalmology Group, an ophthalmology and optometry practice in the area, offers expert eye care for diabetic patients. This team of skilled eye doctors provides personalized, state-of-the-art treatment options, ensuring you receive the best possible care.
Understanding Diabetic Retinopathy
Diabetic retinopathy is a common complication of diabetes that affects the blood vessels in the retina. The retina, located at the back of the eye, is a light-sensitive tissue that sends images to the brain. The damage to blood vessels in the retina can lead to vision problems or even blindness if left untreated.
Signs and Symptoms of Diabetic Retinopathy
It's essential to know the early signs and symptoms of diabetic retinopathy, as early detection and intervention can prevent vision loss. Some of these symptoms may include:
- Blurred vision
- Floaters (spots or lines that float in your field of vision)
- Difficulty seeing at night
- Dark or empty areas in your field of vision
- Vision loss
If you experience any of these symptoms, scheduling an appointment with an eye doctor immediately is crucial. Peninsula Ophthalmology Group serves Daly City, San Francisco, and Burlingame, providing expert diabetic eye care and comprehensive eye exams.
Treatment Options for Diabetic Retinopathy
We offer a range of treatment options for diabetic retinopathy. These may include:
- Medical management: Managing your blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels is essential in preventing the progression of diabetic retinopathy. Our team of eye doctors will work closely with your primary care doctor to ensure optimal medical management.
- Laser treatment: In some cases, laser therapy can help seal off leaking blood vessels and slow the growth of new, abnormal blood vessels in the retina.
- Vitrectomy: In advanced cases of diabetic retinopathy, a surgical procedure may be necessary. It involves removing the vitreous gel from the eye to allow better access to the retina for repairing damaged blood vessels.
- Anti-VEGF therapy: Anti-VEGF medications can help reduce the growth of new blood vessels and decrease fluid leakage in the retina.
No matter the severity of your diabetic retinopathy, our ophthalmologists and optometrists at Peninsula Ophthalmology Group will customize a treatment plan to suit your specific needs.
Schedule Your Appointment at Peninsula Ophthalmology Group
Don't let diabetic retinopathy compromise your vision. At Peninsula Ophthalmology Group, our eye doctors are dedicated to providing top-quality ophthalmology and optometry services to patients in Daly City, San Francisco, and Burlingame. So schedule your appointment today to begin your journey towards better eye health and improved vision.